01 Mar Family Outings
When we lived in Joburg and our children were still at home, getting away over week-ends and during holidays was an essential part of our very existence. Most week-ends were spent windsurfing and birding; holidays included hiking on some of South Africa’s great hiking trails, pony trekking in Lesotho, visits to family resorts on the Wild Coast and Lapala Wilderness and camping all over Southern Africa – Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania.
Our children are now grown up with their own families spread around the world as part of the South African diaspora. But the bonds between the siblings developed at childhood continue to be strong, the cousins are very close and aunts and uncles are loved by their nephews and nieces. In these difficult and worrying times, a strong family is an essential. There will always be times when someone in the family is under extreme stress. A strongly bonded extended family can be vital at such times.
And so places like Lindani that cater for families play an important social function in the modern world.
Lindani offers the opportunity to escape the consuming modern demands and rapid pace in which we become so easily entangled, to switch off and reconnect with one another in a special way. And here, in our 3000ha of bushveld, we offer guests the opportunity to do so, on their own terms.
What does Lindani offer?
Take our self catering accommodation for a start. You have a fully equipped and comfortable house with its own swimming pool all to yourself – no intrusion from other holiday makers and no need for kids to be on best behaviour.
Plenty of opportunities to get outdoors as a family:
– Riding bikes together either on the farm roads for non-mountain bikers or on our extensive single track for mountain biking in beautiful Waterberg mountain bush-veld.
– Having some excitement in the bike park.
– Hiking beautiful trails which are well signposted and in cases rated as Easy so kids can handle them – or just going on short walks down the road together.
– Enjoying a Lindani Farm Kitchen picnic basket at one of our private picnic sites or enjoying a Sunset Supper at a private boma overlooking a mountain stream pool.
– Learning to identify birds and trees together as a family on a guided walk.
– And, most importantly, enjoying a braai under the stars and toasting marshmallows.
– In the evenings there are board games available for having that end-of-the-day fun together.
You and your children will treasure the memories of time together at Lindani.
As a family, we still talk about those special times we had far away from the city.