Motseng, meaning ‘At The Village’, is Lindani’s biggest lodge and takes single party bookings only. It has the flexibility to be suitable for both large and smaller groups. Motseng is situated against a mountain looking across a wide open field towards the Melkrivier and a large waterhole where game often comes to drink in the evening. The lodge is close to a rewarding cycling trail as well as two marked walking trails.
Motseng has 4 separate fully equipped units each with their own lounge, dining areas, kitchens and patios. Ditholo (the Main House) – 6 beds , Pitsi (the Games Room) – 4 beds , Serolo (Old Farm House) – 4 beds and Phala (the Cottage)- 4 beds. Where there is a large group, guests can have their own space in their unit as well as being able to eat and socialize together with everyone in the party at the main house.
Ideal for family reunions, landmark birthdays, special interest groups, church groups, cycling clubs, informal weddings etc. It is often used by business teams and is fully equipped as a conference venue. It is child friendly and has been designed as a place for families with children to have fun and quality time together. The fully fenced large swimming pool, the games room, the open spaces in front of the main buildings, the cycle and walking trails and the child friendly Melkrivier all combine to offer plenty to exhaust the kids.
By converting existing buildings, we have created a new family lodge in early ‘Transvaal Farmhouse’ style without increasing the footprint. With one wheel chair friendly bedroom in Ditholo (the Main House) plus easy access to Pitsi (Games Room), the outside braai lapa and the swimming pool (by means of a ramp into the pool)
Highlighted Features At Motseng (4 Units Combined):
- Sleeps 18 guests. (Minimum charge 8 adult bed-nights)
- Bedrooms are en-suite with a choice of king or single beds optional.
- Four rooms have extra length beds.
- Bedding, bath towels/electric blankets.
- A volleyball and badminton court.
- Screens and fans throughout.
- An outside lapa for braais large enough for all guests.
- A large fenced swimming pool with a toddler section. (Bring your own swimming towels)
- Covered parking for up to six vehicles.
- Vodacom/MTN signal nearby but, presently, not strong at Motseng.
- Back up generator for power failures.
Motseng – Individual Units:
Ditholo (Main House) (6)
- Three bedrooms en-suite – one is wheelchair friendly (2 of these bedrooms have inter-leading doors for easy access to parents)
- One room has an outside shower.
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen, living and dining area with a fireplace.
- Ideal for self catering (dishwasher & microwave)
- Two fridge freezers, five plate gas stove with oven.
- Large gas braai & patio for relaxing and outside dining.
Pitsi (Games Room) (4)
- Two bedrooms en-suite.
- Large games room with fireplace.
- Living and dining area.
- TV (DSTV with most channels, no cartoons) DVD player.
- Pool, table tennis and card tables, a variety of games.
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
- Four plate electric stove with oven.
- Two large patios.
- Large outside braai lapa.
Phala (Cottage) (4)
- Two bedrooms en-suite both with additional showers outside.
- Fully equipped Kitchen/dining/lounge area with fireplace.
- Ideal for self-catering. (dishwasher & microwave)
- Four plate gas stove with oven.
- Gas braai plus small outside braai area.
- Large patio for relaxing and outside dining.